7 Days on the Wall
"The 7 Days on the Wall initiative was birthed at the World Prayer Assembly in Indonesia, 2012 when about 9,000 delegates from more than 60 nations gathered to pray for the nations of the world. Since the beginning of 2013, an estimated 5,000 local churches, schools and different groups in South Africa have each taken at least one week per year to pray for spiritual awakening, social justice, and the unsaved in their churches and communities. Since 2020 local networks have increased the number of “Prayer Weeks” in their communities." - Jericho Walls International Prayer Network
You can do it on your own or sign up with others:
1. Start planning early by inviting representatives from various churches/groups to pray/plan together.
2. Set up a WhatsApp group or "Prayer Room" and invite different churches/groups to participate.
3. Draw up a 24/7 Prayer Schedule and start by looking for 24 individuals to pray one hour per day for the week.
4. Have active WhatsApp groups for every church/group participating, running for the week of prayer only.
5. After the first week, make time for corporate thanks giving. You can also organize a prayer gathering with people from the community, as part of the United Prayer for South Africa initiative.
6. Immediately start planning the next week of prayer, not to lose momentum towards the next 7-day “Cycle”.
Download the "7 Days on the Wall" general prayer guide here
Visit the "Pray for Revival 2021" page here
Visit the "Pray for Revival 2022" page here
Visit the "Pray for Revival 2023" page here
Join the GAP Prayer Network here
(This network consists of a WhatsApp group where we post prayer guidelines inspirational quotes and maybe words of encouragement from time to time. We don't post daily Bible verses, prophecies, or teachings.)
Resources on Prayer in English
- A few of those obstacles to prayer.
- Almost 20 guidelines for effective prayer.
- Yes, you can do it in an hour: The hour that changes the world by Dick Eastman.
- Try this at home: How to pray for 1 hour, on your own.
- Don't try this at home: Praying on sight with insight, with others.
- Introducing iPray 7 Habits for Effective Prayer
- Prayer for Schools
- Pray the Word (FREE e-book) from JWIPN
Hulpbronne oor Gebed in Afrikaans
- Een dag van gebed - Hierdie riglyne kan ook gebruik word tydens ander gebedsgeleenthede.
- Een uur van gebed - Waak en Bid vir 'n uur deur Chris van Wyk (NG kerk Somerstrand).
- 'n Gebed vir my kind elke dag van die maand - Gebruik hierdie riglyn om vir jou kind te bid elke dag van die maand.
- Week van Gebed Februarie 2021 - "Jesus nooi ons uit om Hom te volg".
- Week van Gebed Februarie 2022 - " Volg My...en ontvang My hart"
- Roep die Wagters: 24/7 Gebed - Riglyne en Modelle
- Bid vir Skole
- Gebed Tydens Lyding