How to raise an altar of prayer in your community
- Declare Psalm 24:1-2 – Confirm ownership of place to Jehovah.
- Give thanks, praise, honor and glory to God – offer a sacrifice of praise, the fruit of lips that confess His name – Hebrews 13:15
- Bring repentance before God for anything that could have grieved or offended Him on that land/place of altar by any people past or present – Leviticus 26:40
- Renounce any agreements made with the kingdom of darkness known or unknown to you; break any negative covenants with evil spirits – Proverbs 28:13
- Bring the atonement of the blood of Jesus and reconcile it and the people to the Lord – Colossians 1:20
- Blot out all handwriting the enemy has in the heavens, water or on the earth against the place/people –Colossians 2:14
- Bind every evil spirit previously invited and command them to leave – James 4:7-8, Philippians 2:10
- Loose those who have been taken captive by it.
- Proclaim Psalm 24:7-8 and invite the King of Glory to come and establish His throne in that place
- Connect the altar to the altar of the Lamb of God in heaven – Revelation 5, 8
- Declare the Lordship of Jesus Christ and submit everything to His rulership. Read Isaiah 9:6-7 and ask Him to increase daily His government over that place/people.
- Blow the shofar.
- Take communion and make a covenant with the Lord.
- Use oil sanctified for the purpose to anoint the place.
Guidelines supplied by the SA Prayer Movement for Change and Intercessors for Africa-Eastern Cape
Visit our prayer events page here for more information about local and other international prayer events.