In the wake of the pendemic there are a growing list of online prayer initiatives and offline events happening all over the globe. Once again we would like to invite you to join in with the "7 Days on the Wall" prayer initiative.
What is it all about? This is a prayer initiative for everyone and we invite you to join in "Crying for Spiritual Breakthroughs in South Africa". 2021 is the 9th year of the 7 Days on the Wall initiative. We are intensifying our cry to God for spiritual breakthrough by praying for 7 days every 7 weeks.
Register for "7 Days on the Wall" here
This initiative was birthed at the World Prayer Assembly in Indonesia, 2012, when about 9,000 delegates from more than 60 nations gathered to pray for the nations of the world. Since the beginning of 2013, almost 5,000 local churches, schools and different groups in South Africa have each taken at least one week to pray for spiritual awakening, social justice and the unsaved in their churches and communities.
The planned 7 weeks of prayer in 2021 are:Week 1: 15 – 21 Feb
Week 2: 29 Mar – 4 Apr
Week 3: 17 – 23 May
Week 4: 14 – 20 Jun
Week 5: 2 – 8 Aug
Week 6: 27 Sep – 3 Oct
Week 7: 8 – 14 Nov
You can do it on your own or sign up with others:
1. Start planning early by inviting representatives from various churches/groups to pray/plan together on a weekly basis.
2. Set up at least one Prayer Room with different prayer stations and invite different churches/groups to participate. NOTE: During the period of the COVID-19 lockdown, create a WhatsApp or Telegram group as “prayer room”, instead of using a physical prayer room.
3. Draw up a 24/7 Prayer Schedule and start by looking for 24 individuals to pray one hour per day for the week.
4. Have active Whatsapp Groups for every church/group participating, running for the week of prayer only.
5. After the first week, make time for corporate thanksgiving. You can also organise a prayer gathering with people from the community, as part of the United Prayer for South Africa initiative.
6. Immediately start planning the next week of prayer, not to lose momentum towards the next 7 Day “Cycle”.
Download the "7 Days on the Wall" general prayer guide here
Visit our "Pray for Revival" page here for 2020's guidelines
and for 2021's go here.
Join the GAP Prayer Network here
Resources on Prayer in English
- A few of those obstacles to prayer.
- Almost 20 guidelines for effective prayer.
- Yes you can do it in an hour: The hour that changes the world.
- Try this at home: How to pray for 1 hour.
- Praying on sight with insight.
Resources on Prayer in Afrikaans
- Een dag van gebed - Hierdie riglyne kan ook gebruik word tydens ander gebedsgeleenthede.
- 'n Gebed vir my kind elke dag van die maand - Gebruik hierdie riglyn om vir jou kind te bid elke dag van die maand. (Use this prayer guide to pray for your child everyday of the month).
- Week van Gebed Februarie 2021 - Gebedsriglyne vir 'n week van gebed met die tema, "Jesus nooi ons uit om hom te volg".
- Roep die Wagters: 24/7 Gebed - Riglyne en Modelle